Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quick Report

I just wanted to report that our first school day went VERY well. I actually felt the prayers... so thank you to anyone who prayed! The Lord really helped and gave me a patient spirit (with which I was rewarded with a lot of hugs and kisses).

I didn't get the boys out of bed until 8, so after breakfast and getting ready we started our day close to 9.
We were able to have devotions, character study and game, and most of the ABeka teaching and workbooks by 10:30. After a huge break (eating & playing outside) until 12:30, we finished up workbooks and built our giant crawl through ear. I think we stayed in the playroom with the ear until 2:30, so I guess when we left the playroom we technically ended our "school day" at 2:30 p.m. But like I have said in my last posts, I consider that life is learning so learning never ends. :-)

We did get to go to the library and I was able to find all of the books I needed about the ear (hearing, sound, listening, & Helen Keller). I was also able to find the DVD, The Miracle Worker, which is about Helen Keller's life. I also found several CD's with violin music since I chose that as our first instrument to study.

Well that's all for now. Hopefully I will get pictures on here before too long.

No comments: