Friday, September 19, 2008

Copywork

Something that I think is a really good idea is "copy-work". It is old-fashioned, and most of our fore-fathers did it.

This is a supplement I am using to go with the boys' Italic writing workbooks.

From the Donna Young website. I love this:
The handwriting lessons on this page have content from George Washington's Rules of Decent Behavior (rules of civility for short). I read a long time ago that George did not make up these rules, but as a youth, he was required to copy them in a notebook. I do not know if that is true or not; it is a good idea, and copywork is a good way to learn something!

Here is lesson one from George Washington's rules of civility:
Click the box below to see it:



Here is an example of Italic verse copywork: Click the box below:

No comments: