Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Plan for First Day of School

Today is the first day of school! It's 7:30 and I have been up since 4:20 -ish (only because Michael had to be at work by 6!!!).
I have been able to get a lot done this morning, thank the Lord! The dining room is decorated and I am about to shower, and after that I will wake up the boys and start our day! I am not sure if I will have time today to post how our day went until maybe tomorrow morning. Michael said not to overdo it on the first day. :-)

But here is my plan for our day:

Boys up, breakfast, morning chores (whenever Ryan wakes up- he will be getting to sleep in)
Devotions & KONOS Character study (Attentiveness- will play a game where I blindfold the boys and have them identify different sounds)
ABeka Math
ABeka Phonics
ABekaLanguage
Getty Dubay Italic Writing
ABeka Reading
Konos Activities - Study the parts of the ear. Build a "crawl through" ear in the playroom including the parts of the ear inside.
Go to the library and check out a huge stack of books that have to do with ears, listening, & attentiveness, and a biography about Helen Keller. Check out Several CDs that have to do with the violin.

I am hoping to be able to get an appointment for a field trip to a hearing aid clinic here in town. I have emailed the one on X street, and I am hoping they will cooperate.

My camera, for some reason, isn't transferring the pictures onto the computer. I don't know if it is software or the camera but I am hoping to get that fixed soon so I can take lots of pictures of our projects.

No comments: