Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Math concepts

After seeing how expensive ABeka's charts & flashcards cost, I decided to make my own!
It's easy to do with Microsoft word, some printer ink, and some card stock. I typed out measurement, addition, subtraction, and time concepts. As the concepts are introduced, I will make more flashcards.

Also,I saw a set of flashcards in a catalog awhile back that I thought would be nice. They are triangular-shaped, and the triangular effect helps the child learn both concepts simultaneously. For example, he would not only learn that "9 + 9 = 18", but also "18 - 9 = 9". I really wanted to order those, but decided to see if I could find any free online to print. Much to my joy, I was able to find them! Click the box below to see a sample:

1 comment:

Erin said...

Those are neat...I've never seen any flash cards like those.