Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pilgrim's Progress


Today the boys listened to "The Dangerous Journey" (a children's online audio-picture book about Pilgrim's Progress). They LOVED it!


Pilgrim's Progress was always one of my favorites, and it has had a huge impact on my life. Because of that, I feel that it is important for my children to hear and understand.

I will never forget the "narrow way" and "Mr. Wordly Wise".

Recently, I have had several opportunities to discuss apologetics with non-believers.
When someone tries to twist Scripture, tries to entice me into thinking it is ok to sin, or tempts me to question my beliefs even though I know their "wisdom" does not match up with Scripture.

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness'; and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.'" 1 Corinthians 3:19-20

I want my boys to be clad with the armour of God so that they can defend themselves against the wiles of the devil. In my opinion, the earlier... the better! Pilgrim's Progress is a good companion to the Bible I think!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I loved that book too! It really puts some things into perspective.

Mary said...

Cool stuff, Kim. Your kiddies are so cute!