Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Learning While Traveling

Last Wednesday we traveled to Alabama for my sister Erin's wedding. It was fun, and we took three days off normal school. Kind of like a little spring break, I guess.

Learning did not cease during our trip though.

One thing I decided to do was to go to the library and carefully choose some audio educational material to listen to in the van. My van does not have a CD player, so I had to find some cassette tapes. Thankfully our library still has some, so I was happy about that! I was actually able to find a lot of read along audio sets. Subjects were covered but not limited to Social Studies, History, Science, and of course Literature. I especially liked the Smithsonian Backyard series. We had two of those. I loved the colorful art as it taught my children about bumblebees and armadillos!

The titles included the following:
  1. Stone Soup
  2. Armadillo at Riverside Road
  3. Kate Shelly and the Midnight Express
  4. City Mouse and the Country Mouse
  5. Lost in the Storm
  6. Hill of Fire
  7. The Josefina Story Quilt
  8. Bumblebee at AppleTree Lane
  9. The Long Way to a New Land
  10. The Good, The Bad, and the Two Cookie Kid
  11. Arthur's New Puppy

No comments: