Friday, March 12, 2010

Incentives


I don't normally like to do a constant stream of incentive activities because I believe children should help around the house and do their work because it's expected and right.
But I think it is a good thing to do occasionally.
I found this neat website where you can print mazes (It's on my sidebar now). I printed three little mazes with a bug trying to get to the ice cream cone (the one above).
My plan is that if they complete the chores and work listed on their clipboards by a certain time each day, they get to move through the maze. When they get to the ice cream cone, we go out for sundaes or something like that.
I wrote numbers on the maze. Each day they complete their list of tasks, they can move the bug to the next number. I cut everything out and mod podged (decoupage) them to a heavier paper. I used scotch tape on the back of the bug cutout so he can move. Mod podge is a WHOLE lot easier than trying to laminate.

No comments: