Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Electives: Art

I had an answer to prayer. I have been feeling a little unsure lately about electives for my boys. Instrument? Carpentry? Art?  Justin and Jonathan had been taking piano, but I had come to a point where I was unsure how to move forward.

One day it dawned on me that the Lord knows what type of future they will have, so of course He knows more than I do what types of things they need to learn. All three of my boys love to draw, and I had noticed last year or so in one of the home-school catalogs that Thomas Kinkade had an art curriculum. I thought it would be great if we used his, but it was just a fleeting "maybe one day" thought. Besides the fact that I didn't want to jump into anything without praying about it. And that stuff is expensive!


I don't like to stress over things, so we started taking it to the Lord each morning during our devotions. A new friend of mine -I met doing Good News Club- called me and asked me if I would be interested in art lessons for my boys. She had bought it for her grand-daughter, but they had changed their mind about using it. She wanted to give it to me, and wouldn't take any money for it. Guess what art curriculum it was? That Thomas Kinkade set I was looking at!
 
 
I'm not saying this replaces music.  We are still praying about that.  It does give us something to which to look forward!

No comments: