Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Object Lessons

One fun thing I have learned since coming home to teach my own children is that you can use the same things to teach your own children at home as you would in children's church! Wow, isn't that a revelation?! What kills me about all this is that I didn't think much about it before. I had my separate Sunday School/Children's church ideas in their very own box. Why in the world didn't I try that creativity on my own children?!

I love object lessons. My friend Pam gave me a great book with short object lesson devotionals. I have been doing these and the boys love them. The first one I did, I came into the room wearing mismatched socks. The lesson had a Scripture verse and then a devotional about how our lives need to match what we say. Really cute, really fun, and I hope it will be really memorable to them!

No comments: