Friday, June 5, 2009

Books!

I couldn't believe my good fortune yesterday. I went to the thrift store to see if I could find a large stock pot (for soap making). I didn't find one in satisfactory enough condition, but I found a ton of books that we can use in homeschooling. The one entitled Columbus is a real treasure. It is worth more than I paid for all of the others. We have read several books by the authors and we really like them (they do a thorough job on the history and the pictures are fabulous).
The paperbacks were 10 cents and the hardbacks were 15 cents. I spent $4 total on them. Included are historical biographies, books of poetry, literature, science, and language.

2 comments:

southernsweetie99 said...

Awesome!!! I may check at ours for some books....

Kim M. said...

I always find books at the thrift stores!