Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cheddar or Cheater

Yesterday the boys sneaked into the candy dish sometime during the day. I usually work with them one at a time while the other does chores, and then they switch up. I think the sneaking must have occurred by each while I was concentrating on schoolwork with the other.
I noticed very quickly during Jonathan's seatwork time that he was not concentrating and was being very hyper. So I checked the candy jar and it had an obvious "dent" in it! Yes, they both admitted. "I had five" Justin said. "I had 3", said Jonathan.

It always affects Jonathan the most.

I was telling Michael about it when he got home and during suppertime we had "Mexican meat cups". The bag of shredded cheese was sitting on the table and Jonathan was trying to read what the bag said. He said "chee-dar" (instead of cheddar). He then said, "What if God is making that bag point at me and say "cheater" since I didn't try to do my schoolwork today?".
After I composed myself and stopped laughing I assured him that it said "cheddar" and that "no, God isn't calling you a cheater because you were hyper".

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOL!! Guilty conscience maybe? haha =D